Mercedes-Benz India has announced that it has sold 3,193 units in the first quarter (Q1) of 2021. This is 34 percent more than the 2,386 units it sold in Q1 2020.
- The E-class LWB continues to be its highest selling model
- The GLE is its highest selling SUV in Q1 2021
- 19 percent of total sales came from online bookings
Mercedes-Benz India: sales trends for Q1 2021
Unlike many other carmakers, Mercedes-Benz’s sales volume is still driven by sedan sales with 53 percent models sold being sedans, with the remaining 47 percent being SUV sales. This is backed by the fact that the E-class LWB was the highest selling model in Q1 2021, followed by the C-class. Among the SUVs, it is the Mercedes Benz GLE that has been the highest selling model.
There has also been a good reception for the recently launched E-class facelift as well as A-Class Limousine – for which deliveries have already been allocated till May. Mercedes’ online booking portal has also led to the sales of 19 percent of their cars in Q1 2021.
Mercedes-Benz India: future plans
The German luxury carmaker has a number of new models it plans to launch in India over the course of 2021. The models that have been confirmed include the second-gen GLA SUV, the new Mercedes S-Class and the AMG GT Black Series.
Additionally, Mercedes continues to ramp-up its operations in India complying with the relevant safety and health measures set by the authorities. The carmaker will also offer free Covid-19 vaccination to all employees and their family members, as part of its employee vaccination drive.
2021 Mercedes-Benz CLS facelift revealed
Mercedes-AMG A35 sedan video review
Mercedes-AMG reveals new 800hp+ plug-in hybrid powertrain